Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tuesday´s Tribute


My tribute today is to my big sister.


She is the oldest of us three siblings, I am the youngest, and well we have a brother right smack bang in the middle! Man isn´t he the lucky one!!!!

It may sound corny, but I wouldn´t want to even begin to guess where I would be today if it wasn´t for my sister.


Not only was she there to take care of me as a new born due to my Mum´s paralasis, (click here to read more about that) but at the tender age of 10, she sat on my bed and led me through the prayer that made me a newborn into the Kingdom of Heaven!

She has travelled with me along this road we call life from the very beginning, and has been with me in the good and rescued me in the bad. Yes... in very essence I don´t know what would have been for my life, if she hadn´t made herself available to be instrumental in God´s hands to reach me!


My sister and I are soooo alike in some things and sooooooo different in others. We share many loves: one of them is humour. We love doing skits, laughing and making jokes.

This is my sis and me doing a funny skit during our 1920's Party!

I so appreciate having an older sister because I always feel protected just knowing she is around. She is very selfless and has always looked out for my bro and me.

My sister is very detailed. She loves theories, explanations and sudokus. She always has systems for why and how things work, which saves me having to think about it! A classic first born trait if ever I saw one! (read the birth order book and you will be amazed and every enlightened...i just love that book)


I´m so glad she lives just down the road and not hardly a day goes by when we don't see each other. Sis, I love you. Thank you God for giving me the bestest big sister a younger sister could ever have.




9 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

I love this tribute, fabulous. Great pictures too. I must read that book, even though I am the only one in my family. Hee Hee.

Knit-Wit said...

Sweet tribute! As a child I always wished my older brother, who died at birth, would have remained alive to help me through life's struggles.

Did you ever learn what caused your mum's paralysis?

Bonnie said...

I love this tribute Ally ! I haven't seen Debbie in FOREVER ! It was great to see her in photos and read about what an amazing sister/person she is !! God sure knew what he was doing when he put your family together, eh !?

Unknown said...

This was a FABULOUS tribute!!! I just love that you love her so much!!! It is clear!!! Made me miss my younger sis so much! I better call her! :)

I met Kevin (the author of that and MANY more books) years ago. He is a very funny man.

A Captured Reflection said...

Check out this post from Annie (Annie is awesome). They have been on holiday in Orlando and check out the I love Lucy shop. You may like this!
http://mylifeasannie.blogspot.com/2007/10/final-vacation-post-universal-studios.html

Sharon Brumfield said...

Boy have i missed a few posts.
I am so glad you have such a fantastic older sister.I have a younger one and with her working outside the home and having three young boys--we don't see each other much. She lives about 25 minutes away.
I am sure your sister is very proud of you too.

Demara said...

I've heard of that book before...I'm not sure it's applicable to me though, because I've been ALL BIRTH ORDERS. I started off being the only child, then I was the youngest, then the middle child and then the oldest. I've experienced all orders. I'd have to say that I enjoyed being the only child and the youngest the most!!! :)

Dianne said...

This is a great tribute...I'm sure she feels lucky to have you too!

Dianne said...

This is a great tribute...I'm sure she feels lucky to have you too!