Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Letting go III


She´s gone.
Just an hour ago her new family came to pick her up. As Shakespeare said, "Parting is such sweet sorrow...." It is rather a a bitter sweet experience. Lady was a dear dog, but also a very nervous one with not all wonderful traits. But as much I got frustrated sometimes... I miss her... I really do. I´m in a real letting go phase... the animals are just a reflection of this I guess.


Next I have to face saying goodbye to the cats... oh boy...then the house will REALLY feel empty.


5 comments:

Sharon Brumfield said...

I went through something similar with our dog this summer.
He was becoming a little bit of trouble in his old age. But now that he is gone I miss him.

Knit-Wit said...

I'm sorry you have to endure this parting. Perhaps God will show you something even better because of your sacrifice for your family's health.

A Captured Reflection said...

I had a cat named Marmite, which I loved and I had to give her away, 3 times she left her owners home in Cobo and came back to me near the Bridge! Sadly the 3rd time she didn't make it - we don't know for sure, but that was tough.

On the other side, there was a time some years back and I felt compelled to sell a lot of my stuff, it was a real blind faith thing because I didn't know why - shortly after the chance for YWAM France came up and I understood that period of 'letting go'.

I'm sorry, this must be a hard time - my biggest squeezes of love to you all.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Just checking in.
Sending a little love your way. :)

Demara said...

AW Ally, I know I have mixed feelings about our 3 cats. Sometimes I want them gone, but then I get sad thinking about it. I LOVE THEM TOO MUCH! And plus they remind me of Genesis whenever I interact with them. God put animals on earth for us to maintain and befriend, also to name :)