Monday, October 22, 2007

More of Him Mondays...

By Samuel Smiles






Our pastor shared this quote on Sunday. One thing that I really enjoy about him is that his preachings are very down to earth. Not hairy fairy or pie in the sky unattainable spirituality. Yesterday he shared a practical piece or reality but one which I felt was very spiritually powered!



Of course Samuel Smiles didn't hit upon this great principle on his own did he? We all know that the bible teaches what we sow, we reap. (Gal 6:7) But I was especially moved by the truth behind this quote and the challenge it presents us with. a Question of the heart.The reality of this principle is not only life changing, but it´s ramifications are beyond comprehension.




Today's message is that all roads,with varying types of moral and value, lead to Rome. They would like us to believe that each walk of life each with it's individual expression is equally valid and all of which ends in peace and happiness!!



Although this philosophy is wide spread and very much rampant amongst our youth, would you not agree with me that it is blatantly evident that certain choices embarked upon today propose nothing but disaster and destruction for the future? Is it not true that there are roads that lead to anywhere but the proverbial Rome, peace or happiness?



God´s word clearly teaches us that there are decisions we make that have the ability to convisgate a future of hope and peace. There are choices I can make which will not give me a happy end, which the philosophy of, "Everything goes...it will all come out in the wash anyway?" so eagerly promises.




Yesterday I was challenged to weigh my choices and decisions 0f today. As Ps 90:12 says, "Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. "
How desperately I need the Holy Spirit to lead me into all truth and not to trust my every so wandering heart which is is wicked above all things. (Jeremiah 17:9) It´s in the heart that the seads of thought are sown. Only God can test the heart (Ps 26:2) and only He is able to give me a pure heart (Ps 51:10)

I can help my heart from being deceived if I hide His word in my heart(Ps 119.11) I need to guard it because it's the wellspring of life! (Prov 4:23)

P.S. Click on title of this post to link to the blog where More of Him on Mondays was originated.

10 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

One thing I love about God is that even if we make a bad choice, He can still work it out to His glory once we submit to Him.

Thoughts of a Mom said...

I have always liked that quote.

A Captured Reflection said...

I love that "Choices" sign that fitted in perfectly. Yes, it's all about staying rooted, staying close, keeping our thoughts accountable to God and not letting them stray so that our choices and value lines get fuzzy. Thanks for this reminder!

A Captured Reflection said...

Stop by - I have given you an award.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am seeing the fruit of my actions as we "speak".I need to work on my choices. My thoughts are showing up big time in my actions.
Thank you once again.

Karen's Korner said...

Oh, I just realised I have given you the same award that Karen has given you!

Brandi said...

Very insightful.

A Captured Reflection said...

This is cool - it is on Choices!
http://lappiesbaai.blogspot.com/2007/10/two-pathways.html

Dianne said...

This is a great post...and oh so true on many counts...great job!

Terri said...

Sometimes people wonder why God didn't just make us obey Him. It's called choices - He didn't want little robots, but those choices do lead to other things. Sometimes that's hard to remember!