Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday´s Tribute


This is an initiative from Bonnie!and I think that´s it great so I am joining in. If you want to get on the band wagon go to Bonnie's blog and let her know you are getting involved...

I want to give my first tribute to my Honey! I have known this wonderful man for 24years and we have be married for 20 of those! He is German, (but he doesn't have a square head!!) although he came to Spain when he was 8yrs old, he learnt English when he was 14yrs and married a weird and wonderful Brit when he was 22yrs! what a combination eh!

I like so many things abut him... one of those is his sense of humour. He must have one because he married me!!!! He also has a terrific smile and sensational laugh! If I can make him laugh....my world is complete! Often we compete to see who can make the other laugh with the wittiest comment!!

He is very gracious and merciful. I admire the fact that he can always see the best in others...and especially in me... where it can be quite hidden at times.

He is a peacemaker and bridgebuilder tres magnifique! He has been blessed with "a way with people" that few I know possess.

When I get locked up in the tower of math homework, he is my knight in shinning armour and rescues me from the numbers hell. He doesn't let me feel dumb or weak for needing to be rescued!!!

He has a wonderful voice and plays the guitar wonderfully! I love singing with him and enjoy the music we make together.

He is upright and trustworthy. Qualities that don't go unnoticed in the work place and ones which bring him honour.

He is a committed provider to his family and is always giving up his desires for the sake of the rest....

Above he is my friend. He is there for the good, the bad and the ugly.... The ugly is more visible as the years progress!

I love you Honey Bunchi!

7 comments:

Terri said...

Those are great things to have written. I didn't know he was German. I think it's really great that he can do math - that's what Dave is good at too!

Knit-Wit said...

Great tribute to your husband! Sounds like a great guy.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Sweet tribute.
It is great when we can saying loving things about our husbands because we truly feel that way.
For years I could not have done that.
I thank God for giving us what we need to complete the plan He has for us.I need my man-he completes me.
Sounds like yours does too. :)

A Captured Reflection said...

I love your tribute, wonderful. I remember Stephan's laugh so well - yes you both have fabulous laughs! Yay to a home filled with joyful laughter - so that is the secret to those youthful looks, much laughter :-)

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this Ally ! The bit about math homework ... that cracked me up ! I had to go back and read it again because it was such a funny mental picture for me ! I love the music you guys make together too ! That's always one of the things I remember when I remember you guys from my childhood ... your voices ! Great tribute !!

Qtpies7 said...

I bet he is just eating this post up! My husband loves words of affirmation.
Thanks for your enthusiastic praise of my WW today, I certainly wasn't thrilled with those prints when I was trying to make and decorate 4 cakes for my Dad's 60th birthday that day, lol.

Karen's Korner said...

Great pic of him too!