Sunday, October 14, 2007

Crazy 8's Meme



Well here I go, just because I love my cousin... because it´s hard work to answer all these questions!!! hahaha... That means the rest of you get to enjoy it too!

8 things I am passionate about

God

My hubby

My kids

Friends

People in general

Planes

Music

Travel

8 Things I want to do before I die:

Travel around the world visiting all my friends and all the countries I haven´t seen yet!

Fly a biplane

Get my own album out maybe write a book (oops that´s kinda of two together isn´t it!!!)

Fly in a parachute that is being pulled along by a speed boat!

Have Grandchildren

Do the swimming with Dolphins thing together with Bunny Girl!!!!

Buy a house in Colorado in the mountains!

Do white water rafting!

(I am deliberately NOT being spiritual here...that´s a whole different dimension that could have more than 8!!)

8 things I say often

Where are my keys?

When did you say you were going again? (oops old age showing here!!)

Have you done your Homework?

Did you clean your teeth?(proverbial answer yes)..then................. With toothpaste!!!

I can´t find my keys again! (she says panicking just about to drop the kids off at school!)

I love you (to all in my household!)

Recharge your mobile.

Be you they ? (a quote from an I love Lucy episode)

I don´t think so Tim (quote from Tool Time!!!)=

8 books I have read recently

The Bible (dah)

The Fingerprints of God - Nancy Hoag

Holiness in Hidden Places - Joni Eareckson Tada

Bringing up Boys - Dr. James Dobson

(and that´s the ones I still have in my pile... the others I have borrowed and have given back and can´t remember the titles!!) mostly novels

8 Songs I can listen to over and over

Who am I ... Casting Crowns

The voice of Truth .. Casting Crowns

String of Pearls --- Glenn Miller (My Dad´s favourite)

The girl from Ipanema

You are not alone .... Michael Jackson ( I imagine it´s God singing)

I will always love you...Whitney Houston

Go put your records on ... Corinne Bailey Rae

Classic Hymn, "Great is thy Faithfulness"...... always break out in tears with this one!

8 things that attract me to my best friends (and in no particular order!)

Loyalty

Sense of humour

fun loving

understanding

compassionate

constant

honest and real (no lack of transparency!!!)

Willing to put up with me!

8 things I have learnt in the last year

That my husband still loves me

God is still on the throne and he STILL loves me

Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak;
sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.
Author unknown

That I still struggle with being a perfectionist

God still has dreams for me

Not putting peoples expectations before God´s

Keeping your mouth shut is almost always the best solution!

Live each day to the limit...you never know how much time you have left!

Okay.. I think I deserve a treat or at least a scooby snack eh!!!!???????????????

10 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

We sound very alike with the keys!!! Oh the perfectionism, God is touching on that with me big time right now and it's like a sore tooth being prodded - I want to let go, but it's been part of me so long - a contention.

Great is thy Faithfulness gets me crying too, I can so relate.

Thanks for sharing - I love you very much too.

Braving the Storm said...

Hi Ally

Thanks for the insight into your life via the 8's thing! I would find it hard to remember 8 of anything (guess it's an age thing) so I think you did great. You will always be one of my heroes (I should say 'heroine' but I don't want people to think you or I are on anything!). That's because your heart is after God despite all the troubles you've known. Keep on drawing closer. Love and God bless, Eric

Bonnie said...

This was great ! I love reading these sorts of things about people ! I need to do mine but like you ... I think it's hard work ! ha. My favorite answer of yours was " Keeping your mouth shut is almost always the best solution." Why do we have to learn this the hard way ?? And why don't we learn it the first or second or third time ?? I don't know ... but I'm learning it too !! ha ha.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I am next for the eights--bunny girl got me. I am thinking that I will be spending some time wracking my brain to come up with some. We will see just how much info my brain is storing. ;)

Masked Rabbit said...

Great Crazy 8s. Loved this.
You are an amazing person to know. So pleased we got in contact again.

Loved the pics of the river trip btw

Knit-Wit said...

Great list! I've gone parasailing before (many, many years ago) and I remember it was exhilerating! I wouldn't mind giving it a try again.

Terri said...

You're right - those are hard questions but we get to reap the benefits. Everytime there is something like this, we learn a little more about each other!

A Captured Reflection said...

See my latest post - I hope that you like it!

Anonymous said...

That was a fun meme! Thanks for visiting my blog. I really like your header. It is perfect for fall!

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

Hey Ally! Thanks for stopping by. I have yet to do this meme myself and I need to not forget to do it!