Thursday, October 04, 2007

What´s hot and what´s not!

I don´t know if my cos Karen started this idea or if it was someone else, but today it felt like a good way to cover what´s going on with me! Whoever it was...it´s a great idea!
1. I was able to help a neighbour and mother of one of No 2's friends. Her sons have moved back to Ecuador and they will follow soon. She is unable to drive and needed to urgently do some paper work to legalize her son´s education back in Ecuador.

This implied driving between 2 different locations, both in opposite directions and half an hour away from the centre point: our home! I spent both Monday and Tuesday mornings doing this because they seemed to always forget a paper or need someone else to sign something. It was a bit of a run around but I am really glad that I was able to help her and show her God´s love in this manner. The last day, God really answered prayer about getting a paper quickly without yet again returning to point B before going back to point A. I told her that I had prayed and I believed God helped us.... It´s in these simple things God can reveal himself eh!

2. Yesterday I picked up one of my best friends and her family from the airport, after being away for 4 months. I´m so glad she is back and I´m looking forward to having our times together after this long interlude.

3. For my prayer friends and our weekly get together.

4. No 1 getting a job teaching English to small kids for 4 hours a week. He is helping missionary friends of ours who are involved in after school activities in a town close by.

5. Things seem to be going well so far at school for all 3 kiddies.





What´s not cool......

1. I´m off the beaten tract on my healthy controlled eating habits and I´ve been pigging out on chocolate etc... which leaves me feeling guilty and condemned as well as fat and ugly!!!

2. Haven't had much time to keep up with stuff in the home due to alot of running around... it´s like if the house is a mess...my life feels like a mess. I don´t like this, but´s hey it´s where I am at!

3. I´m anxious for the day when all the animals finally leave the house and how that is going to affect kid no 2 especially. (as well as the rest of us)

4. I´m finding it hard to wait on the Lord to confirm my job situation and balance that out with all the other responsibilities in my life.

5. I´m feeling very low and no...my period isn´t about to start!!!!

3 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

Dearest Ally - I was praying last night for you re the job situation, my prayer is for a job that is 'so' you, that fits and that isn't stressful and feels like a 'job job'. Oh it was Claire on my links who started the "What's Hot, What's Not". You sound so like me with the messy house messy self/head feelings and yes to the choccie - especially when I'm stressed/tired/low/overexcited. I was so touched by you driving and helping your neighbour. It's like you are in a transition/change period right now, and those always get us restless, feeling up and down and needing that 'anchor point' that word, that hope. I will pray that God gives you that encouraging word, that you can say - yes I know where I'm going, I know this time will not last and that I will have a strong testimony to share! You are very loved and you are an inspiration - even when you may think you are not feeling it. xxx

Ally said...

Thanks Karen for your understanding and for your prayers...you always know how to make me feel better and uplift me! YOu really have hit the nail on the head.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Waiting periods can be stressful.
I am trying to throw those feelings into God's lap when they begin to hammer me.
Waiting--I need a little peace and I know there is only ONE who can give it to me. I do know that while I am sitting--He is still busy moving in preparation. That makes me feel better. :)