Monday, January 07, 2008

White Tulips

I love white tulips! A very dear friend went to great lengths to send me some because she knows I love them. She knew it would cheer my heart. It did. It still does when I look at them.

Isn´t it amazing when all around you seems dismal, a little touch of thoughtfulness can go a long, long way.

Not much in my panoroma has changed, some pain still remains. There has been a change in perspective about some things.

Sadly new struggles have appeared on the horizon for others that are close to me. Their pain far exceeds my own. This is always good as it gets the attention off oneself!!

My family has come to visit from Guernsey which has bought a lot of comfort. Sadly both my sister in law and I have been sick with the flu!

A very big thank you to all of you who have written emails of concern and for all of your prayers. They are greatly appreciated!

11 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

I am so sorry you have been sick. There is nothing worse than being sick - except when you are sick and have company over at the same time! I'll pray for your complete and quick recovery.

Terri said...

Hope you feel better soon. Love the white tulips.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I prayed for you this morning.
I am not sure what to pray for--BUT HE DOES!
Love ya girl!

Karen's Korner said...

I'm glad you got the tulips to cheer your heart! You do so much for others and really deserve some pampering.
Hope you are feeling better.
How was the pirate/clown/tramp party? We were sorry to miss it but Deb has promised a re-run when things have calmed down a bit!

She Rose Up said...

Great to hear from you! Sorry you are sick! I pray you recover quickly! So glad you got tulips! What a great friend to do that!

hugs,
Maria

Bonnie said...

I'm glad that someone took the time to send the tulips and let you know they were thinking about you ! I hope you remember that you are loved every time you look at those pretty flowers !!

Hope you are feeling better soon !

Masked Rabbit said...

HI Ally,

I'm glad your family are over at this time when you are feeling so low. The closeness of family sometimes helps (even when they can't actually do anything about a situation), there is comfort there.

Have been and am continuing to pray for you. God knows what you need. Just be very real with Him, he's a big God and can take any disappointment you have with him. He knows it all anyway.

Hugs
BG

Naomi said...

I hope this might encourage you.. http://ericgaudion.blogspot.com/2008/01/rejoicing-in-all-circumstances.html
lots of love xx

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Ally,

Those tulips are so precious...it never ceases to amaze me how one simple act of kindness can truly bless the socks off of someone.

I know this is crazy, but are you related to Karen over at Karen's Ramblings? I only ask because she is from Guernsey as well. Didn't even know about Guernsey until I started reading her blog...small world!

Melissa

Brandi said...

Haven't been here in a while now that home school has started back up. And I have been under the weather as well. NO fun!

So sorry you are feeling the way you are right now. I have been in your shoes many times.

Sounds like you are doing the very thing that you should be doing, though--depending and waiting on God to give you what you need. I pray that He gives you "peace that passes understanding" during this time.

Demara said...

White Tulips do look lovely! And yes it is amazing how much a little thoughtfulness goes along way. :0>