Saturday, January 26, 2008

Please Pray



I can not believe that I havent considered doing this before now...but as the proverbial saying goes... "better late than never!"


Karen, a dear and beloved friend to me, has been really going through a tough time lately, (click here for more details.) and I wanted to solicit your prayers for her.


Her mother, who normally lives in England, was visiting her here , but has been in hospital for almost one month! As you can imagine this has placed a tremendous stress on her and her family. There was one day when the doctors gave her mother just hours to live.


Now she is doing much better and those of us close to her have been helping out by making food, visiting and spending the nights with her mother to give Karen a break. Nonetheless I would like to ask you to pray for her and to encourage her by dropping her a comment on her blog. I am sure she would so greatly appreciate it. After all that is what the Body of Christ is for... right??


6 comments:

Masked Rabbit said...

Hey Ally,
I've gone across and left a message for Karen. any update on her mum's condition?
Am also praying for you as I know you are still going through the mill at the moment.

Hugs girl.
BG

Knit-Wit said...

I will happily join you in prayer for Karen and her mother.

Ally said...

thanks so much guys!

Demara said...

Wow Karen is going through a lot but such a joyous post she has recently put up on the joy God brings to us when we least expect it!

I started reading the book called: The Shack
Have you heard of it?
This book wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" I figure it should help me. We'll see how it is? I've heard so much about it, and so far it's really captivating!

She Rose Up said...

Hi there Ally! Hope you all are getting well!

I visited your friend and am keeping Karen & her Mom in prayer.


Loved her post on the time between the laughter for Sarah! Very good!

Thanks!


Oh, P.S.

I tagged you! :)

take your time, no hurry!

Nat Barros Lewis said...

Heey :)
I dreamed with you last night!
Is Karen the one I met when I was there, that has also facebook and a daughter?
But anyway, count with my prayers anyway!
Gonna catch up some posts now!
Besitos!!!