Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Casting Crowns - Voice of Truth

It´s no secret to to the child of God that the "truth shall set you free" rather the secret lies in believing that truth when everything around you SCREAMS the opposite.

This song I am sure is known to most, if not all of you, and God gave me the grace to be able to translate it into Spanish and we have be able to share it on many occasions.

This past Sunday we were invited to lead worship for two services.

As you know, this is not my best moment or finest hour! To lead out when one is totally weak and hanging on by a thread is both a challenge and a blessing. A blessing you say? Yes, precisely because you have no energy left in you to worry if it will work out, or if you can do a good job! I had just gotten my voice back after the flu, so confidence in my capacity was zilge. I had no fight left in me. Whatever happened was going to be God. It was up to God.

Anyway, my DH wanted to sing this song and I knew I was going to be singing it to myself. Yes in capital letters and in red ink. I needed so badly to hear this song, more than anyone sitting there.

As I presented the song, I shared my own struggles and my desperate need to chose to believe the voice of truth rather than the screaming lies that were raging through my head. I felt naked before each one of them as I weakly pointed the way to a God who desperatly wants me and them to believe that what we are living right now is not a definition of who we are or His truth about us.

I felt nothing magical, no trumpets resounding or angels singing. I just obeyed. I just chose to sing the truth that I was not feeling. I am just hanging on ... The rubber meets the road right here and inspite of myself, God is with me. I have to stand firm in what I know to be true. This is a battle and I have to use my armour , my belt of truth to STAND FIRM. Obedience is a strong weapon in this fight.

Eph 6:13

Therefore, put on the whole armor of God,

that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and,

having done all, to stand.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

This song is so great. I imagine it is really speaking to you in this hard time. I love the bit at the end where all the words appear.

Knit-Wit said...

I know what you mean about it being difficult to lead worship when you are down. But God does bless us for our faithfulness and our obedience even when we don't feel like doing it.

Mari said...

This is a great song. I'm sure it was hard to do, but good for you for leading when it was hard. I heard a message on the verse from Ephesians some time ago, and I have always paid attention to the part about standing since then. Keep standing!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I love casting crowns-there music has such a powerful message.
I have been battling some lies the last few days.
Sometimes it is hard to draw a line between the truth and a lie.
This is when I need the Spirit the most.

Karen's Korner said...

Brilliant post. YES - God is with you in all you are going through! Right now with all I am going through, the verse that is keeping me on my feet is 'My grace is sufficient for you' and the words from another Casting Crowns song, 'When I am weak, then you are strong.'
¡Ánimo! You are a princess to God.

Cjdusse said...

Great song. Thanks for sharing - I need to STAND FIRM as you say and not to forget my armour I am in such a battle at work.

She Rose Up said...

Great words of truth and encouragement. Casting Crowns can always be relied on for powerful and true songs.

Thanks goodness for the truth of His strength in our weakness, where would we be with out it?

Blessings to you and your family Ally!