Thursday, January 10, 2008

Holding on Part III


Some more good advice that I have received during my holding on process is to get the bad stuff out of my system. Say what is going through my mind because God is not afraid to hear it.

Certainly David, who was known to be a man next to Gods heart, did not mince his words about how he felt. In many a Psalm he accuses God of abandoning him, of not hearing his cry and leaving him in the pit!

I used to do a little example about this when leading worship sometimes. The proverbial glass of water is full. It is full of all my pains, worries, anger and disappointments. Can I fill it up with Gods love and peace when it is already full? No I can't ..there is no room....not until I first empty it out and then refill it.

Likewise, I need to empty myself of my "ugliness" so that God has room to put in his peace, grace and love and most importantly....His hope. I have to make an active choice to do this....

I know that often in these situations one has not even the energy to pour out the stuff...but God in His grace and love helps to even do this.

It is the same with a festering wound. One has to make an effort to clean it out well.... purify it of puss and dirt so that it can begin with the healing process. I am right there folks. It needs a firm and yet gentle touch.


13 comments:

Masked Rabbit said...

All I want to say is love you and give you a big hug!
BG

Terri said...

I'm not sure exactly what you're feeling or going through right now but I can pray that things turn out okay and you feel God's arms around you.

Cjdusse said...

He will never let go of you and I pray for His comfort to be with you.

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you are really learning a lot through this time Ally. I'm sorry that you are going through so much yucky stuff but I'm excited for all that you are learning and the amount that you are growing. ( easy to say from the outside looking in, I know, but it's what I see from where I sit ! )

Love you. Bon

Sharon Brumfield said...

I have read all three in one sitting.
I love you girl.
I encourage you to walk what you know to be truth until your feeling catch up.
I am in a moment of I don't "feel" it.God is speaking to me about opening my mouth and speaking the truth.
Keep walking and I will keep praying.
Stay in the bubble of His truth.
Events will move the bubble but it won't hurt so bad.
I wish I could give you a great big hug--and I am not even a hugger. ;)
I just feel for you.
When one part of the body hurts--we should all feel it.

Knit-Wit said...

I am praying for you.

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Ally, sometimes all we can do it hold on.

Hold on to HOPE that He is in control and that HE has you right where HE wants you.

Praying for you through it all...
Melissa

Mari said...

Hi Ally - Thanks for stopping and visiting me. I don't know what you are going through right now, but I will be praying for you. You raise so many good points in this post and the last little bit about holding on to hope is so important. God is with you and others are praying.
About the online book group - I don't know how long it would take to get the book to you, but I saw places with next day shipping. I didn't do that and mine may come late so I may have some catch up to do. Maybe you and I could catch up together?

A Captured Reflection said...

My dearest cos, I've read all your posts...you've been through some deep, deep stuff by all accounts. I hit a big fat low last week (some troubles with #1 son that just dragged me right down with hopeless feelings for a while)...you know the 'how long O Lord?' kind of aches.

Would love to see some pics of the family visiting you.

Love you very much
xxx

Anonymous said...

Dijo C.S. Lewis que el dolor es el altavoz por el que Dios nos habla.TE QUIERO ALLY!!

Justabeachkat said...

Ally, thanks for visiting me last week. It's been awhile.

It sounds like you're struggling a bit now. I've been there myself. I think we all get in a "funk" every once in awhile. No matter what, God is there to hold us in the palm of His hand.

Hugs,
Kat

She Rose Up said...

Ally, I wasn't able to read these all at once. But, now that I have read them all, I have to say, I know you are hurting, no doubt! But, I hear so much truth coming from you, and wisdom, Godly wisdom...I have to say, you are a fighter! You are right on track, keep holding on, and like Sharon says, speak the truth out loud, walk in it and eventually your feelings will catch up...praise God right in the midst of the pain (even if it's with gritted teeth in the shower) Our praise has the power to do many things...I have praised my way to many turn arounds...It blesses the Lord, it stops the enemy, it speaks truth with faith & hope which really does help our "feelings" to catch up...words are powerful!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.