Monday, January 14, 2008

family visit in fotos


These fotos are from New Year´s Eve with
My darling hubby's Sister & her Hubby and other sister
in our place!

This is me pulling one of my wacky faces!


There is a really fancy Hotel called the Hotel Auditorium
on the way to the airport where they have a pianist who plays nightly all the jazz songs my dad (and his dad before him)used to play in his band. I love going there just to listen to him play and my mum and brother wanted to go too. It´s a beautiful setting for a trip down memory lane.

We all got dressed up to fit in with the 4 star standard, even the boys!


Here we all are ...the whole lot and yes there is a piano behind us somewhere!!!

Even though both my sister-in-law and I were both full of flu and cold symptoms,we made the effort togher with the others to dress up as pirates, clowns and tramps for our family Christmas party! Here are my bro and my mum! Isn´t my mum the best Charlie Chaplin you ever did see?This is at my sister´s place.

Aye mi hearties! Beware a crowd of dangerous pirates just got off the ship for some rum!!!! You can see in this pic I am totally out of it! My sister looks like a combination of Charlie Chaplin and Goldilocks!

A Holmes gathering would not be the same if it didnt include a jam session singing all the Beatles songs!

Inspite of onsuing coughs and sore throats, my sister in law and I joined the family up in the mountains for some hair-raising fun sliding down the snow.

You can see here my sister in law is not feeling so good, but she put up a good fight!
Even my mum slid down... that´s something at 75 ... I hope I will be like her!
The best bro a sis could ever have!


12 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love these photos Ally !

Be Inspired Always said...

Great Photos.

I followed you from the comment you made onmy blog. Yes, I'm a writer of children's books.

Here's my website incase you wish to view it. www.jilliancurtis.com

Have a Great Day,
Jillian

Terri said...

I'm so impressed with your Mom. I can't believe she's still sledding at 75! What a lot of fun pictures. Aren't families the greatest?

Knit-Wit said...

Looks like a great time spent with family - and so good of you to remember to take pictures! My in-laws were here visiting and I kept forgetting my camera.

A Captured Reflection said...

These are the most wonderful photos, I love them, love them, love them! You know I think in life it is often a (mis-lead) assumption that when someone is going through stuff, they hide under the bed covers (chance would be a fine thing eh? :-)) and disappear from the world, but we continue with our lives and find the joy in these beautiful moments and trust God to carry us through the darker avenues, waiting for the light to flood through the trees. Thanks for sharing these fab pics - what a blessing to have family together and all that fun stuff. I love jazz piano too, and last Friday was in one of the local Towns looking for my fav. jazz piano guy - he must have been on holiday (another thing we both love). Love you - did you see my comments about you on the Daily Dose Award post? xxx

Mari said...

What fun photo's. It looks like your family is loads of fun! And yes - your Mum is a great Charlie Chaplain.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Love the pictures!Looks like ya'll have a lot of fun when you are together.

Karen's Korner said...

Looks like you had a great time in spite of the flu!

Brandi said...

Snow! Haven't seen that in a while. Looks so fun!

Cjdusse said...

LOvely photo's and I love the fun times you have had with your family

Melissa in Mel's World said...

Ally,

I love looking at the pictures and seeing your family. What a great way to get to know you and your goofy (I LOVE that about you) personality!!!

Melissa

Nat Barros Lewis said...

Enjoyed SO MUCH the pictures!!!
Made me smile! You re all SO GREAT :D
The pirates ones are just awesome! Beatles songs played live, oh Gosh!
Loved "to see" everybody and especially your mom.
Much love <3