Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A word of encouragement!

Yesterday after I wrote my post about my struggle the Lord spoke this verse to me:




Isaiah 43:18-19
18 "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. 19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. (NIV)


18 "Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. 19 Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands. (Msg)




I just so happens that sweetmummy and Carin and have done a post with the very same verses, so it´s interesting to see how God is saying similar things to us! My cousin Karen also has this as a special verse for her too.


God is exhorting me to forget and not dwell on what happened in the nursing home... that He is going to do a new thing. I feel hope welling up within me. Thanks for your prayers!

7 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

I love it when God speaks to us through many different sources.

A Captured Reflection said...

There is some major stuff going on and it sounds like the Lord is leading you into a new phase. I have been praying and had a few impressions
1. Of a Valley with a Ravine.
What is a Ravine exactly I wondered?
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ravine

I felt God was saying there is a ravine in the Valley you are going through. What I saw was it being honed by springs of water.

I then remembered you sang a song in 1982 - with these lyrics "Lord give me also springs of water"

Wow, to remembering that, but I could 'see' springs of water coming forth and wooshing through the Ravine.

Here is my Is 43:18-19 journey
http://prayingkaren.blogspot.com/2007/06/rhema-verses-isaiah-431-2.html

You will have a testimony to share that will be full of praise, I can 'smell' it!

Beaufort Belle said...

I think I need to go reread Isiah! This verse is really speaking to me as I am having to deal with past issues in my life.

Thanks for sharing this verse with me.

Hugs,
Jenn

A Captured Reflection said...

http://mdbeau.blogspot.com/2007/09/too-funny-not-to-share.html

This may bring a smile :-)

Unknown said...

Ally,
Thanks for stopping by and for your words today. What a beautiful moment it is when we HEAR His voice, it is amazing how much He speaks to us, if we just listen!
I willa dd you to my reader and check back often...you do the same!
Hugs

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

I am always floored by the absolute specifity (is that a word?) of the words we receive from the Lord. It is so often exactly what we need at exactly the right time (if you'd heard that verse a week ago it might not have meant the same with the same power as it did today). This is just awesome, Ally. Thanks for being vulnerable enough to, first, share the struggle, and then to share what the Lord is doing through that struggle. I pray that this one will be left aside soon and you can march forward into those NEW things!

Bonnie said...

I'm glad that you are feeling encouraged !! Even I feel encouraged from that verse, and I wasn't even discouraged !!