Monday, September 24, 2007

My battle




This Friday my sister and I did our Red Cross visits in a town close by here. It was really nice to see them after the summer break, and they are always sooooooooooo happy to chat and catch up!


There is a couple that we used to visit that now have moved into a Nursing Home and no longer use the pendant/telephone services that the Red Cross provides, but we decided to look them up in their new home anyway.


What I didn't count on when visiting them was that I would be flooded with the negative memories of my time working in the nursing home. Click here for my post when I worked in the nursing home. It took all I had to ignore those feelings while we visited them . Because they were so happy to see us, I was able to survive our visit pretty well.


Needless to say, when we left, I felt overcome by feelings of sadness and failure. I was glad my sister was with me. I didn't feel like crying... when it hurts so bad sometimes it goes beyond the crying feeling if you know what I mean. It was a hit below the belt!


Since then I have been fighting against these feelings and gone over what I could have done, what I should have done...you know those mind games you play somehow hoping by doing so you can change history.


I am sick at how quick I am to believe the worst about myself. It is easy to just somehow get lost in the overwhelming feeling of it all. What makes it worse is we are in financial straights at present and the need for me to get employment adds pressure to this whole panorama.


I would appreciate your prayers and that God would do a work in me and provide the job I need to be able to keep our heads above water!!!! Thanks!

7 comments:

Terri said...

I understand about the job situation. I do daycare in my home, 2 days a week. That way, I'm home with Shaelyn. But I would like to find something else. The economy is not good in Michigan and my husband's job is always on the line. It's very stressful. I'll keep you in my prayers, that something will come along for you.

Knit-Wit said...

I am sure that even with all of your thoughts and feelings, your visit was a blessing to the couple.

I'll pray for the perfect, God ordained, job for you.

Demara said...

I TOTALLY understand Ally!!! I have gone through the same sort of times! I feel like it's so much harder to finish what I start when I don't feel comfortable doing the thing I want to accomplish. I think that is why I've gone through so many jobs! This one now, is feeling TOO BIG for me, but I'm sticking in there. I'm going to do and not be afraid of termination. If they think I'm not the right person for the job, that's ok, as long as I do my best-I can't say I didn't try my best, then right?!?! I WILL NOT be afraid of failure! I keep telling myself this...let's see if it'll work. (I've had visions of quitting. I'm so good at it!) God sees your situation and He KNOWS you! He knows what you need, WHEN you need it! Trust Him! Do not be afraid! And jump into His world of possiblities, with the fruits of His Spirit in your heart, being joyful always! And you know? You may actually feel better if for any reason you do in fact fail, right? At least you'll know you did your best, that's all He asks of us right?!?! Ps 37:4...when we do for Him, His best becomes our best!

A Captured Reflection said...

I was wondering only a couple of days ago, if you had processed any further on the Nursing experience. I'm sorry to hear this evoked so many of those feelings from that time. I could understand it hitting you like that, and that desire to 'change the past', mincing it over in your thoughts. Sorry to hear about the financial issues as well - talk about being double whammied that day. I will pray for a perfect opening for you!

Karen's Korner said...

I'm going through the same things with the thought processes (see blog!). It really is a tough one to fight.
What with all this and Stephan's allergies too, you are really going through it!
BUT GOD...
is able to do more than we can hope or ask or even imagine.

Cjdusse said...

Thanks for your honesty in sharing your struggles. We all are struggling in one or another way aren't we? I worked in John Lewis in the lighting department when I came to Scotland first and I was bullied by a line leader. I was insecure, frightened etc. I left after 9 months but I carried the lighting department for a long time inside of me until He helped me to work through all the verbal abuse. It took time but I made it. Jesus' grace was there for me. I also felt a failure and insecure and worthless... Now I am looking back. I am healed and free and I have forgiven him.

Cjdusse said...

I have answered your comments on my blog.