Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Our 20th Wedding Anniversary!

It was a big day in our house!
We celebrated our:





These were the lovely flowers my honey gave me in the morning just to say he didn´t forget the actual date of our anniversary even though we had actually celebrated with style in February... more about that later.

I decorated the door with this sign and coloured flags so that when he came home from work he would get a nice welcome!
I also wrote 20 individual loves notes and strung them across the front room!!!!

Our big celebrating of our 20 years together actually happened back in February when we made a trip to Hawaii! It was a very memorable time and when I look at these fotos, I relive the excitement all over again... Here are a few fotos to share the joy with you too!!!





This is the Island of Oahu, Honulu and behind us you can see Diamond Head. The people who hosted our stay (family of family!!!) gave us this helicopter ride over the big Island of Hawaii, which was the first time I had EVER flown in a helicopter. It was 45 mins of bliss for me!!!
This was only one of the many pools that belonged to the 5 star Hilton Hotel, which was more like a community rather than a hotel! We just pretended to be hotel guests and even joined a "chat" given in the bar about all the sights to see while on the island...it was really fun!
My honey used the unusual white stones on lava rock to send me a subtle message!!!!

12 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

We'll be celebrating 19 this fall. Your post makes me think we should start planning something fun for year 20. The best part? We'll be out of debt by then (except the house) and can afford to do something fun!

Sharon Brumfield said...

We will also be celebrating 19 this year.
We went away for our tenth--maybe we will have to plan something special for our 20th.
Congrats!

Terri said...

Wow. I wish I would have thought of doing the 20 notes around for Dave when we celebrated our 20th in May. It's nice to see others staying married to the same person for so long. Congratulations!!

A Captured Reflection said...

This was fabulous, you pay so much attention to detail and keep things fresh and alive. The photos were great - Hawaii is on our list for our 10th Wedding anniversary celebrations, so that is really cool. Mind you that's not until 2009. Hee Hee.

Be Inspired Always said...

We are celebrating our 12th year in December. I love the string of notes idea, very special.

I would love to surprise my husband with a trip to England but the prices are still just to high!

We'll see what I come up with... any ideas are welcomed...



Jillian

Bonnie said...

20 years !! Wow !! We are coming up on our 10th here in a couple of months ! Sometimes it is hard to believe it has been that long ! (or that I am that OLD ! ) ha ha.

Linseed said...

Thanks for all your nice comments on my blog!

bless you, and congrats on 20 yrs!

Lynne

Beaufort Belle said...

We just celebrated 3. I will have to remember some of these wonderful ideas as we add on some more years.

Very romantic!

May you be blessed with many, many more years!

It's OK to be WEIRD! said...

Congratulations on 20 years!!! We celebrated our 10th in July and we're going to Hawaii in March (over spring break) to celebrate, too! Your pictures made me so excited again. We have our condo booked, and we just found flights last week and booked them (much cheaper than we had found before). I can't wait to go!

I loved how you did all those things for your sweetie. It gives me more good ideas! I've hung stuff up in the garage for him to find when he comes home (our neighbors must have thought I was nuts!) as well as banners and balloons on the door or the car. It's fun, isn't it!?

Demara said...

Wow you look so different in your short hair photos. You look good both ways. The short hair makes you look adventurous, and exciting, where as the longer hair makes you look comforting and friendly.
Congratulations too!!! on 20 LONG years, wow, good for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Your trip looks like it was wonderful. I would love to go to Hawaii!

Cjdusse said...

Thank you for your message on my blog and thanks for visiting my blog. I will definitely be back to visit you here on your blog. Our 20th celebration for our marriage was in April. We did not do something special. We are in a tight place financially and only went out for a meal. I love the photo's - special memories.