Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A very revealing question

Isn´t that just the million dollar question? I saw this as I was google browsing and I was completely struck. What would I do?

Man it opens up a world full of possibilities doesn´t it? I think that God really wants me to answer the question. I don´t often sit down and contemplate a question of this nature because I am hindered by............. fear (fear of failure for one, fear of looking dumb, fear of .... fill in the blanks... the fears are endless)

I did realize that I don´t even allow myself to dream of possibilities because I let fear keep me trapped in my very comfortable box! Isn´t that sad?

May I challenge you to take a few minutes to conside
r this question? You might be surprised at what you find out about yourself and maybe you might be on the road to discover (like me) some things that God might want you to try to do.

After all, is not God by my side? Has not God promised to never abandon me or leave me alone? Should I not feel with excitement that:




7 comments:

Bonnie said...

WOW ! What a HUGE question !! I will have to give this some serious thought !! I love reading your blog, by the way ! I check most days to see if there is something new. I have a little round of blog sites that I check ! Only takes a couple minutes to click through them all ! But then, if there is a new post, I'll stay and "visit" a while ! I sure do love the internet !!!

Soul Reflections said...

That IS a very interesting question. So many times I CAN do something and I won't just because I 'fear' failing. Other days I 'fear' after I've said or done something because I 'doubt' what I did was for the Lord. Hmmmmm.

A Captured Reflection said...

Aah, fear, it so limits things. Wow, you know I haven't even dared think of what or where things could go with limitations taken off. I feel very challenged!

Ally said...

I´m glad you guys were struck with the question too. I am still thinking about it!

Anonymous said...

Again, really liked the last phrase! I´m kind of a dreamer, people like that on me but sometimes they advise me to put my feet on the ground he he.
Something came to my mind as an answer to the question but I´ll think better and then I write here.
Love,

Masked Rabbit said...

no limits? Wouldn't that be fantastic, if you knew you couldn't fail.But then, it also might take the edge off doing and acheiving because you didn't beat "all the odds". Compelling post Ally. My first thought was "get my poems published" but immediately was after "don't be silly". Just goes to show what scaredy cats we can be.

Ally said...

You know what bunnygirl... if I were you.... I would get your poems published... they are brilliant... I for one would buy your book!