Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A little home truth

Health, fitness and happiness.

We all know the importance of eating well, exercising and laughing from the "gut" on a regular basis, to be the ingredients for a Healthy life.

Well, like you, I do try to pass on what I have learned to my little angels (haha). Just the other day though, a little humorous truth came to me out of the mouths of one of my babes!

Let me shed a little light on the circumstances!

Two of my wonderful 3 children are good eaters and one remaining is a "I don´t like anything remotely healthy looking" battlefield at meal times champion!

Life being as it is...contradictory..... The two "good eaters" were given to:

a) the flu and following throat infection- thus missing school for more than a week

b) twisted his ankle and suffered a 2nd degree sprain - hence condemned to using crutches and missing school one day.

The one day that these two coincided in missing school, my junk food junkie was therefore the only child in the household to attend school. As I walked down the stairs to accompany him to the gate he said,

"I´m the only one who doesn´t eat his vegetables and look, I am the only kid healthy! "

Hmm.... what can you say to that? On the contrary my dear Watson!

3 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

Oh that's funny. So what did you say in the end?

Ally said...

What could I say... I just laughed... I mean... this is backlog of trying to get him to eat right! Some day the penny will drop until then... it´s by force! hahaha

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha
You didn´t say who were them, but I think the junkie is Benji :D Am I right? He´s just great! ha ha