Monday, March 24, 2008

Meme Grandeur!

I saw this fun Meme over at my cos Karen and thought it would be a good one!!!

1. WHO WERE YOU NAMED AFTER?
My name is Alison and I was named after the Alison on a show called Payton Place that my Mum loved to watch!!!


2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?

During a prayer time with my 4 favourite ladies.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?

Yes actually I do. I believe that a person´s handwriting reflects alot about them. I don´t know what I think about doctors!!!!
I remember that my handwriting changed so much when I was at school that I feared I would never be able to write anything the same or even do a signature the same twice in a row to obtain a bank account!!!!


4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?

I would say Lamb I think!

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?

Yes 3. Two teenage boys and a 9 yr old daughter who thinks that she´s a teenager!!!

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?

Yes I think so.... I can be quite a lot of fun!!!!

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Nope...but I do enjoy a bit of Irony in jokes or for the sake of emphasis...hahah

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes I don´t like parting with any kind of body piece!!!!


9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?

I would like to be that brave, but I know that I could never take the jump!!!!!


10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CEREAL?
Hmm..... Muesli or anything along that line.... I especially like porridge though!


11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?

Yeah of course... couldn´t get them off other wise.....


12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?

Yes I think in some ways I am strong.... I mean I have been through natural childbirth 3 times and have had several root canals.... that must make for something! I have learnt 2 foreign languages and have lived in different countries.... that makes me a little bit strong I guess!

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ICE CREAM?
Now this is easy.... I just LOVE a good vanilla icecream! Yes I know you scream with horror especially with all the available flavours under the sun...but hey..it´s the truth!


14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their people skills.


15. RED OR PINK?
neither... give me brown or black any day!

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOU?
I often see the glass half empty.....and I can be quick to imagine the worst!!!

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
This obviously requires the person to not bet around. so I would say my Dad. I really miss him and I miss my mum and brother because they live in Guernsey! I miss my cats too.
This is laila

18. WHAT COLOUR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?

I am wearing black jeans and slippers!

19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?

Porridge!!!

20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?

Classical guitar CD

21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOUR WOULD YOU BE?

brown!!!!

22. FAVOURITE SMELLS


Vanilla, the sea, the ground after the rain!


23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?

My mum!

24. FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH?


I like ice skating and gymnastics, but I love a good team sport...footballl, basketball, pretty much all those kinds of things

25. HAIR COLOUR?
brown...but usually ends up going redish!

26. EYE COLOUR?
Brown

(what brown again..??? man this is getting repetative)

27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No. And it´s a good job too because I just can´t stick anything in my eye for love nor money!

28. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS
Happy Endings.

29. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?

The other Boleyn Girl. Loved it... man that Henry VIII was an interesting and fickle character.

30. WHAT COLOUR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?

Black

31. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer (but I'm more of a Spring/Autumn kind of girl)

32. HUGS OR KISSES?

Actually I have renamed my hugs... squeezes.... I am a big fan of giving a good squeeze and sing Squeeze as I do so!!!

33. FAVOURITE DESSERT?
Hey I am not fussy.... I am pretty much a gonner to most deserts!



34. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?

The Five love languages of Teenagers by Gary Chapman

Overcoming Life´s Disappointments by Harold s. Kushner

When it pours He Reigns by Holly Wagner


35. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Lufhansa Cargo advertising!

36. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? the news and a travel programme ( boy do I sound like a real hip perosn!)

37. FAVOURITE SOUND?

The Sea lapping on the shore, the whistle my honey makes when he walks through the door!,A kettle boiling ready to make tea and the phone ringing when my favourite friends call..

38. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?

Oh definitely the Beatles. I grew up on this music and played it with my bro and dad in our own band.....great memories!

39. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Hawaii.

40. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Making people laugh

41. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Guernsey Channel Islands.


4 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Happy Easter!

I liked this meme - I might use it on my blog sometime in the near future.
Thanks for sharing - it's fun to get to know you better!

Terri said...

I like reading these types of things - they're just interesting. I didn't know you were such a brown person!

She Rose Up said...

Love this, Ally! My Mom, my brother, & one of sons ALL love vanilla too!

I actually am open minded and equally love chocolate and strawberry! Ha! :)

This was fun to learn about you!

Yes,I would say you ARE strong!

xoxox,
Maria

P.S. I stayed up WAY past my bedtime...I see that I have missed many of your posts (I don't know how I did that?!) I will be back tomorrow for a longer visit! :)

Brandi said...

I am a very, very brown person, too. And I have given birth naturally 3 times and have had several root canals!! Amazing the things you can have in common with someone so far away!