Tuesday, March 11, 2008

He leads me beside the quiet waters




He leads me beside the quiet waters, He restores my soul
Ps 23: 2b,3a

In spite of struggles, pain, questions and failure, God continues to be GOOD and to be GOD!

In the midst of my failures, my sin, & the failures of others, I can only come back to the truth that God is good all the time.

Life sucks... it sometimes stinks and stings, but I can see God´s hand because these very things have forced me to focus on Him. To reach out for Him as focusing on anything else leads to despair and desperation.

I have reached places in my soul, in my life and experience which I have so feared to reach yet here I am. I can do nothing but just drop everything and reach out to HIM.

In this place of death to self I become free. I am bound to only be concerned with what God thinks, His expectations and for His will to be done in me and those I love.

If only I had reached my end before now. I would surely have discovered this sweet place sooner! "He leads me beside the quiet waters....He restores my soul..."Yes, indeed, the road that lead me here was painful, but I have re-discovered a priceless treasure , I have re-discovered God.

I have embraced afresh my first love, that I had lost somewhere in trying to reach my plans and dreams. In this place of surrender I have seen God plant seeds of hope. How can this be? It makes no sense and has no logic. How can pain lead me here?

Because I have found delight in God alone. How simple...how sweet. To once again hand over the keys of my heart and give up controlling my world. I am
singing with the hymnist:

I surrender all
I surrender all
All to thee my blessed saviour
I surrender all.

Check out video above.



7 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

That is beautiful Ally. He is ALL we need! That I say in faith!

Bonnie said...

Wow Ally, that is some journey you have been on ... or maybe still are on. I'm sorry that is has been so hard but it seems that you have come to a place that is so much sweeter than all that hard stuff ! I'm glad.

luvmy4sons said...

He is all we need. And sometimes He must help us to learn that by stripping us of our crutches. My pastor's wife on her death bed, dying at 47 of breast cancer and leaving 7 children behind said, "Life is good because God is good." And it is oh so true!

She Rose Up said...

Ally, this is an absolutely beautiful post! It is such a heart's cry and a life song! He IS our EVERYTHING!

You know, have seen for myself in the Strong's concordance and once my Pastor preached on this, I will have to look it up though, but, I wanted to share this, bc it always gives my heart a thrill, the scripture about He leadeth me beside the still waters, in the Hebrew, means to cause to run with a sparkle! What a buried treasure that is, eh? I love that!

He causes me to run with a sparkle beside His waters of life! I proclaim it in faith from time to time!


Love the blue on your blog, so peaceful and refreshing!


God bless you my sister in Christ!
Maria

A Captured Reflection said...

You have a wonderful way of expressing your heart, with truth of what you are going through, yet drawing the reader in with hope. Very articulate. I have come to a new and deeper apprecation of you, you have fought your ground with grit and determination, even when others may have thought if looked easy, it's been at a very high cost. There is a strong anointing on you!

Demara said...

God is our place of freedom isn't he? Sometimes pain closes our eyes from Him reaching out to us, and that's when we need to grab hold of his hands, in ours, to wipe our eyes clean so we can see again. He is a great God and He knows EXACTLY when it's time to run back into His arms doesn't he? I LOVE HIM so much! To HIM be all glory and glory forever and ever~Amen

Cjdusse said...

This is such a deep honest and moving sharing of your heart and life. Thanks. May you rest in this "sweet place" in Him as you have said.