Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yesterday...cleaning car day!!!



Hey what do you think? Doesn´t it look nice and clean! No 3 and I did the one over to it yesterday and I put the little teddy in for fun.....to add that special touch!

As I was driving it this morning to do that all wonderful grocery shopping that I love, I couldn´t help but enjoy how clean my windshield was! I could see so clearly now.... I realized just how quickly I had gotten used to the rain stained windscreen even though it didn´t give me very clear vison...

Oh yes I could see, but once the window was really clean it dawned on me just how dirty it had become! How easy it was to just live with the dirt, to adjust and accept this blurred view of the road.

Aren´t we like that in how we view life sometimes? We just accept the dirt... You could liken it to those unforgiven offenses, our pride, our sins and even our dreams can become responsible of misting up our vision of God, others and ourselves.

It reminds me of those verses ,now we seem dimly through a stained glass...one day we shall see Him as he truly is...
1 Cor 13:12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
Even so, God does show us glimpses of his truth and glory through our dirty windshields. He does promise us a good cleaning ( cleanse us from all sin..) and leave us sparkling clean like my lovely Citroen ZX!!!! then we start to see things as God sees them!!!!!



On Sunday the speaker in church shared from Rom12: v2



Then you will be able to test and approve what God´s will is... his good, pleasing and perfect will.


I felt like God was saying to me that this was what I needed to do to keep my spiritual windshield clean... to renew my mind in His Word and then I will be able to "see" and know what God´s will is.....
The way will be clear...just as clear as my car windscreen is today!!!!!!

10 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Great application! It's time to clean our 'windows' and see things more clearly. Thanks for the insight.

A Captured Reflection said...

I told you, you have a gift for writing, an anointing. This is so very true, keeping in the word. (Isn't it sad Proverbs challenge ends on 31st?...as an aside I'm reading the Elizabeth George book "Beautiful in God's Eyes" based on the Proverbs 31 woman (who I didn't used to like very much, but this babe is growing on me!!).

I love to hear about your day to day life too, see your car, and how you apply what God shows you in the natural to spiritual matters.

xx

Terri said...

I love your application of the dirty windshield to our lives. Also the way God can transform us. Thanks for the reminders!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful thoughts! Thanks for the reminder. Also, thanks for coming to visit my blog. I hope you have a great Friday!

A Captured Reflection said...

That's so cool that you visited my friend Lynne. We 'flatted' together in Scotland when I was there, she's a loyal and faithful friend.

A Captured Reflection said...

I would love to see your Wedding vows up too, especially with your 20th anniversary coming up...are you going away at all? I've got a pic up of me on my Wedding day on my sidebar. Hubby doesn't want to be seen on the 'net' though, so just me - he was there though I promise :-)

Demara said...

OH Ally, that is SO SO true!!! (I've also redeemed your "tag you're it" on my Aug 31st post) I love how God is like a vacuum in my life. He sucks all the garbage up and out if I let Him?

Sharon Brumfield said...

Good post.
Isn't it amazing that God can use things from our evveryday life to teach us?
But, then I guess it should not be too amazing since Jesus did it that way while here on earth.
We are just teaching modern day parables.
Enjoyed this.

Sassiekiwi said...

Like this analogy Ally ... makes me think of the blog I did on "what are you looking at". I told a story of when I got new glasses and it was like a fog lifted. I had lived with scratched glasses and blurred vision for so long I thought it was normal!

Thanks for sharing

Dianne said...

That's a great post and a great analogy! Thanks.