Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Oh look what the wind blew in!




I don´t know if you can recognize these objects on my kitchen floor...I am sure most mums do...but just in case the photo isn´t to clear I will let you know that they are: cheerios!



Yes that is right, the cheerio cereals. By now you are wondering what is going on in this scattered brain of mine. What would push me to take pictures of old cereals on my kitchen floor.?????

Well when I was cleaning the kitchen yesterday these cereals were nowhere to be found. But they did appear when I "swooshed" my mop underneath the fridge...Seeing those cheerios made my mind go back in time... I remember there had been an accident.



(Yeah right!!!!)



I ,very dumbly I might add, keep my cereals in one of my higher cupboards because it´s a small kitchen and that is the only cupboard that the cereal boxes fit it!!!!( yeah, why don´t they make them short and fat rather that tall and skinny???)




Well it doesn´t take too long to figure out what happened. You mix a child, standing on a stool and a box of open cereal.... what do you get???????? A cereal bath on the kitchen floor.

Naturally, time has passed on since that culinary tragedy, and just the other day while I was doing my cleaning bit, I rediscovered some of the remains of the cheerio mass. They had "snuck" underneath the fridge not to be seen! How sneaky can you get???



As I gazed at these remnant cheerios I was reminded at how there are issues in our lives that "sneak away" back into the archives of our hearts, but that come up again for round 2 as it were.

Not that they weren´t dealt with back then, but that through the swooshing of God´s heavenly mop, God brings to light remnants of a past hurt, struggle , injustice or temptation (fill in the blank!) because He wants to do round 2 of the healing process... Yes God´s got a spiritual cleaning company with the Holy Spirit as his CEO!



In the last couple of days, I have been struggling with issues of injustice that have happened in the past and God was bringing them up for round 2. Reading proverbs has served to bring great comfort during this spiritual cleaning session and I am giving God these left over cheerios and accepting his 2nd time around healing !!!! I am sure there will be round 3, 4 and 5 and 6 ...till infinity..or better said...heaven!

Even though God will continually be working on us... we know that:




9 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

God is good! Who would have thought he'd use old Cheerios as a life lesson? Amazing

A Captured Reflection said...

You write things so well, I could sooo get what you were saying. Isn't this so very true? I know that feeling, finding some old issues popping up, the last vestiges to be removed - yay, I love God's spring cleaning.

Demara said...

Wow Ally, ya that is so true...God is continually working on us! He is perfecting us for our Heavenly perfection...

Bonnie said...

Thanks, Ally, for this post. I feel encouraged by it ...

Bonnie said...

It's me again !

Just after I read your post, guess what I had all over my dining room floor ?? CHEERIOS ! and milk ! A WHOLE BOWL !!! I took some photos ... to be posted to my blog later today or tomorrow !!

A Captured Reflection said...

Hello there, I have just tagged you, see my tag time post.

Bonnie said...

I just had a look "up my sleeves" but there was nothing there ! :) Did you find some material for the baby shower ??

I love how you used the Ally flower photo for your signature ! That is really neat !!

Nat Barros Lewis said...

It is amazing how you get things from our daily and take great thoughts from them! God´s gift :)

Masked Rabbit said...

Ah that good old spring clean! Great insight and such truth too. Yup I think this challenge is proving to be very interesting for all of us who are participating.