Friday, June 15, 2007

A photo gallery of my visit to Guernsey- May 2007











Next to people and cows... there is a high population of very well educated seagulls! As you can see here they stand to attention and follow proceedures to the letter! I love it... The foto is taken at the slip way at Cobo Bay on the eastern coastline.






Guernsey is...what can I say??? ... beautiful. Here you see me in this sunny but windy scene which overlooks Fontenelle Bay on the northern tip of the island. It actually isn´t as cold as it looks, but the wind surely takes your breath away...


This is my sis taking a pic of me taking a pic of her... you know those kind of corny things you do when your a teenager!!! Well, I still haven´t grown up yet!!!! This is taken in a very small lane that didn´t even have a name on it.... My sister (being the classic first born and into details like this )would know the old name.... but I don´t! It´s in town.... and it´s very steep!



This is the view overlooking Cornet street and the castle pier/harbour. In the back ground are the islands Herm and Jehou which can be reached by boat..


Sunset at Cobo Bay.Ooh isn´t just soooooooo romantic?

This is one of those typical Guernsey roads that has stood the test of time and still looks like it did when I was a little girl.....Does anyone know what the steps are for?? (I know..let´s see if you do!!!)



The best and most wonderful bro and sis in the whole world.....having a pub lunch in the Rockmount overlooking the sea... of course!

Delancey park... overlooking the Easterly coast.






A beautiful Guernsey cliff path where I went for a walk with my bro and his dog!



One of the highlights of my trip.... a suprize flight organized by my wonderful brother in a private plane to Alderney and back!!!!!

The Cherry on the cake..... the Liberation Dance.
It was like going back in time to celebrate Guernsey being liberated from the German occupation during WW2 on May 9th, 1945. The pilot fellow ws just a fellow guest...no idea who he was or even his name... but his outfit was so cool he deserved having a pic taken!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE photos and these are amazing! You and Debee good photographers, huh? Sure the place helps ;) I hope you can show me your Guernsey one day ^^ Another thing that would be awesome!
Beijos, com carinho,

A Captured Reflection said...

These are fantastic photos! I don't know if you have emailed me as I am having email provider probs right now so no emails. Boo Hoo! Anyway, the steps were for the wealthy landowners to mount their horses on. I asked this question a few years ago - I'd wondered the same. I recognised that road, used to smell wonderfully of Eucalptus from the Trees down there too. Hugs. I loved these. I've only been to Alderney once as a young girl, I ate custard creams and drank grapefruit juice at an old lady's house my Dad visited and was very sick - I need new and fresh memories of Alderney. Loved seeing these so much and pics of you all.

kimrex said...

Truly said, everyone needs beauty but also bread! My younger brother is the one of the best scuba diver, when I told him about English channel islands, he felt happy and is willing to go on a long break to Guernsey it would be nice if he can enjoy the scuba there.