Friday, June 16, 2006

Rain (b)



"How often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”
William Faulkner quotes

I think I have to admit that this rain has done exactly what William says.....taken me on a trip to where I spent my childhood......GUERNSEY! I thought you would like to reminisce with me a little while we look at some of Guernsey´s beautiful assets....



How about some more nice pics.....




My favourite Beach
Vazon Bay






And to finish ...a classic Guernsey trait......




Stubborn Guernsey cow!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys!! It's over run with cars, too many people, revolting modern buildings that just do not fit... and the IDC, that won't let you paint your front door a different colour without permission!!

Masked Rabbit said...

Yasmin is right - Guernsey isn't the same place we knew in childhood. It's busier, more traffic, awful buildings,so many road works and diversions etc.
But the beaches are still amazing and the view from the cliff tops still takes the breath away when the gorse is out.

Ally said...

Hey thanks guy for your comments... welcome Bunnygirl to my blog.... It´s interesting that the two girls who still live on the Island are the ones who have almost forgotten it´s magic!!!swamped by the negative..... I guess it´takes living away to bring in a new love for it!!!

Anonymous said...

me encantan las fotos
a ver cuando me llevas...

A Captured Reflection said...

Ally, you are a wonderful optimist, you see beauty in the simple and in so many circumstances. I've just put a piece about pessimism and optimism on my blog.

Big hugs

Ally said...

thanks Karen,
will check out yr blog....