Saturday, April 05, 2008

Mum & Daughter Sleepover

My dh has been away for a teacher´s training all week(get´s back this pm) and so we pulled in the doublemattress from my bedroom into the frontroom and made ourselves comfortable.

Friday night my daughter and I decied it would be fun to spend the night in the front room and sleep in front of the chimney, watch movies and eat goodies! (No 1 Son was downstairs with two of his friends for a sleepover, and son no 2 was spending the night at a friends house!!!)
Actually you soon learn that the word sleepover is pretty much a contradiction in terms as one rarely gets any sleep....I think we should rename it "wake over" or something!!!
Anyway, back to me and my daughter. We watched one of our favourite movies of late called R.V. with Robin Williams ...it´s got a good message and is full of laughs!
We played the card game "fish" .. which has become a new favourite for my Daughter, but an old time game for me as I used to play with my Mum all the time. (Now that´s going back a bit!!!)

We ate Reese's mini cups (great for the diet!!!) that my adopted Dad sent me from the US and took some photos!





These are our feeties.... and you can get a glimpse of the chimney...lovely eh!



Jessie took this of the two of us and you can already see that I am tired and we had just begun! To finish off our "wake over" in the morning my daughter had a nice hot chocolate with marshmellows and I had a nice cup of decaf tea!















15 comments:

Mari said...

Sounds like a great mom-daughter time! It's be a memory maker for her, for sure. I love that movie!

luvmy4sons said...

Oh, how precious. Love it!

A Captured Reflection said...

You are such a sweet and fun Mum! I've tried those Reece cups before and they are far too good!!! RV is hilarious isn't it?

Bonnie said...

That looks like sooo much fun ! I love Reece's Peanut Butter cups ! You can only buy them in one shop here and they are pretty pricey. But I bought a pack on the weekend to take to some friends house. We shared them and they were tooooo yummy !!!

Naomi said...

Sounds like you had a good time! By the way - we used to have the same duvet cover set as in your photo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My teens and I still do this from time to time. Its very special.
We always have a blast. Sounds like yall had a great time.

Debbie

Cheri said...

How fun, I should do that with the girls this week. They would just love it!
We watched RV too and thought it was a cute movie.
Hope you're able to function today on little sleep.

Terri said...

What fun is that together! Such great memories. Yummy - peanut butter cups!

Knit-Wit said...

What a lovely mother/daughter time. She will treasure this memory forever. You are a great mum!

Alida Sharp said...

wow! looks like you two had a great time together!! Scenes like that make me wish I had a dughter... I guess I need to pray for grandaughters!!

She Rose Up said...

Ally, what fun! We really enjoyed RV! Great fun! You really know how to bring the "fun" to mothering! Good for you!

Like the message on your header, too!

xoxo,
Maria

luvmy4sons said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog today.

Masked Rabbit said...

This sounds lovely. Felt quite jealous. Really looking forward to catching up with you soon.

Cjdusse said...

It looks as if you have had fun!!! I have tagged you for a memoir meme

Masked Rabbit said...

You've been tagged. Check my post