Friday, April 04, 2008

Hope

This is the same tree we harvested so many cherries two years ago. Click here to see!




"A man can live about
fourty days without food,
three days without water,
eight minutes without air...
But only one second without HOPE!"
Holly Wagner
"When it pours, He reigns!"
I feel the hope that is reflected in this Cherry tree. I am blossoming, but not because I forced my self to have life. No. It is a gift from God. It has been a cold, dark winter, where there was no sign of life nor beauty! But God has decided to bring spring...to bring life and hope to this tree.

Before the cherry´s begin to appear the tree will have to go through several phases. The blossoms are just a sign of things to come. A promise to hold on to. Hope for the future.
Here´s a close up!
God is placing seeds of hope in my heart, but then there has to come leaves, fruit and then harvest. God is in the timing of the process and my part pivots on my obedience!
No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame.

Hope is the feeling we have, that the feeling we have, is not permanent.
~Mignon McLaughlin,


Can you see my shadow?
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

8 comments:

Cheri said...

Hi Ally,
It's so nice to meet you. Karen is such a sweetheart, I'm excited to find your blog.
I'll be back soon!

Knit-Wit said...

The tree is beautiful and I love the way you connected it with Christ working in us. I love seeing those lessons in God's nature.

Mari said...

That is a beautiful tree! I love your analogy of it compared to our lives.

Bonnie said...

A cherry tree !! In your yard !!! How fun ! I hadn't read the first cherry harvest post before ... loved it ... your little house on the prairie moment ! Enjoyed looking at that one as well.

luvmy4sons said...

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.


Sometimes all you can do is hold onto that promise an believe despite circumstances. Claiming it today for my friend!

A Captured Reflection said...

What a beautiful cherry tree, it looks lovely and hope inspiring of new abundant life! I love your header too. Job 14:7 is a favourite of mine, always touches the soul and gives hope.

She Rose Up said...

What a luxuriously luscious statement of God's glory to be revealed in us, in due time!

I can't believe you have such a beautiful tree as that, right in your very own yard to enjoy!

Coolness!

xoxo,
Maria

Brandi said...

Loved seeing your baskets full of cherries. I absolutely enjoy the taste of a good cherry.

We have planted our first fruit trees as well. So far we have an orange tree and 2 apple trees. I can already see all of the baby oranges--will be so fun to pick in December.

My mom has tons of food growing in her backyard,and there is just something so satisfying about picking it yourself. It is an amazing sight to watch it grow too.

I recently planted my very first garden. Hope to see tiny plants emerge in the next few days.