Friday, February 08, 2008

The Love of Friendship

I just visited my friend at her blog and came across this wonderful post and just had to share it with you!




The Love of Friendship


One day a woman's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't anymore. No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one minute." Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye, say "I love you."
So while we have it, it's best we love it and care for it and fix it when it's broken ... ... and heal it when it's sick. This is true for marriage .. and old cars ... and children with bad report cards and dogs with bad hips and aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a classmate we grew up with. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.
Life is important, like people we know who are special. and so, we keep them close!I received this from someone who thought I was a 'keeper'! Now I'm sharing it with the people I think of in the same way.
Suppose one morning you never wake up, do all your friends know you love them?I was thinking...I could die today, tomorrow or next week, and I wondered if I had any wounds needing to be healed, friendships that needed rekindling or three words needing to be said.Let every one of your friends know you love them.
Even if you think they don't love you back, you would be amazed at what those three little words and a smile can do.And just in case GOD calls me home .... I LOVE YA!!! I'm sssoooo glad you're my FRIEND!Live today to the fullest because tomorrow is not promised.

9 comments:

Terri said...

So true - we don't always appreciate what we have until it's gone.

Mari said...

This makes such a good point - I'm afraid I need frequents reminders. Thanks!

A Captured Reflection said...

A lovely read. The first thing I read this morning and spot on.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Very true!
I heard a missionary saying that she got into the habit of "saying goodbye" each time she left those she loved. Just because she wanted them to know she loved them in case they never got the chance to hear it from her again.

Bonnie said...

That's really good Ally ! A good thing to remember and do !

Thanks for all your comments the other day ! I've missed seeing you over at my blog ! :)

Unknown said...

You are soooo right we need to give kudos now when they can be enjoyed.. wonerful reminder, thanks

luvmy4sons said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this reading - reminded me to be thankful ! Sometimes we take those closest to us for granted !
Helen

She Rose Up said...

Ally this is so true & right on for Valentine's Day! I know you posted it earlier, but it just goes to show that LOVE & friendship are always fashionable!

I wanted to drop a note & say Happy Valentine's day to you!

xoxo,
Maria