Friday, December 07, 2007

Ten Things Meme



You are probably all wondering where I had gone! Well it´s been a busy 3 weeks and I thought that by answering this meme... I might cover might cover most of it!!!!



Ten things I did this weekend

  1. Attend my Sister-in-Law´s wedding. Actually we have been building up for this wedding for the last couple of weeks!!!! (buying clothes, etc....)It was a beautiful wedding...fotos next post!!!
  2. Drive down and back to Sevilla for the wedding (6hrs there and 6 hrs back!!!)
  3. Pack and unpack for trip (including snacks and wedding outfits...and not forgetting the iron just in case the shirts needed a touch up!)
  4. Arrived in Sevilla in time for the "meet the in laws" meal. We were 18 I think Including 4 kids and 3 pregnant women!!!! That was really fun!
  5. Sing two songs during the wedding cermony!
  6. Get dressed up and do a skit with my sister for the wedding party!
  7. Co-ordinate other entertainment at the wedding party.
  8. Act as translator into german and host for a good friend who attended the wedding!
  9. Clean up house where we were kindly able to stay during the wedding, leaving a thank you card and gift!
  10. Enjoy!


Nine things on my agenda last week



  1. Prepare the house for visitors ( a friend from Germany and Stephan´s bro and family from the USA) downstairs in guest apartment: cleaning, making beds etc

  2. Major clean up in our home!

  3. Prepare and practice skit with my sister for the wedding

  4. Prepare meals for visitors

  5. Keep up with the kids homework

  6. Wash and iron clothes to be worn at the wedding

  7. Enjoy visitors! Especially our little niece who is 2 who came from L.A.

  8. Grocery Shopping

  9. Take kids backwards and forwards to their activities


Eight shows I've watched

Not had much time to watch shows really but if I did have a bit it would be:
  • I watch Westwing
  • I love Lucy
  • Home Improvement

  • Ratatouille (recently attained in the USA!)


Seven things I cooked



  1. Ikea Meat balls with sauce, roast potatoes and peas

  2. pizza

  3. Spaghetti

  4. Zuchinni Soup

  5. Pumpkin Soup

  6. Salads

  7. pancakes!

Six things I read


  1. The bible
  2. Tim Taylor´s book... (I don´t recommend it as it´s quite rude... a big disappointment)
  3. Mosiac by Amy Grant... I am a little disappointed in the book (man am I negative today or what??!)because I thought it would be more of biography, but it is just little anecdotes really. I guess it wasn´t what I expected
  4. My friends blogs!
  5. Morning and Evening Daily Readings by C.H. Spurgeon
  6. Emails!


Five reasons to be happy

  1. All my basic needs are well taken care of
  2. I have a husband who loves me and tells me all the time!
  3. Family
  4. Friends
  5. Tea exists!


Four things I need to buy

Not much....finances are tight!!! Just the bare necesities!


Three people I saw this weekend

Wow I saw about ten million people at the wedding! Is that good enough???


Two things I am thankful for right now

To have my little niece from America here with her mum and dad! That´s like 3 things...you guys are going to be wondering about my mathematical skills!!!


One person I'm tagging:

Sharon!!!!

6 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

You have been graced with wonderful energy and a vibrant personality, a great hostess indeed. So, where did you get that fabulous dress for the Wedding? Loved it, loved it.

Demara said...

Ally you sound so full of life and like a very fun person to be around! Wow and boy were you ever busy preparing for this wedding. I can't wait to see the pictures going to that post now! sya.

Karen's Korner said...

Well done Ally! You made it through the last three weeks! Just reading about it I could sense how hectic it has been for you. Maybe you will have a bit more of a slow-paced life before you get ready for Christmas!

Bonnie said...

I have been meaning to reply to the email you sent with pics of Susana's wedding but keep forgetting !! She looked so beautiful ! As did you ! Looks like it was a great great day !! How fun to have so many family and friends together in one place !!

Cjdusse said...

I think you're in desperate need of a holiday. You have been so busy! Hope you will have a peaceful Christmas.

She Rose Up said...

Wow! What a full & lovely life! Your family is so beautiful! It looks like a lovely wedding as well! And goodness you have been very busy! I certainly hope you have a had time for a "cup of tea" and to recoup since then!

Thanks for visiting! I love vistors too! I will be a regular! I don't know how I missed you all this time!

I feel like I have met a long lost blogging friend!

God bless!
Maria