Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Family day out to see the planes!

On the first Sunday of every month (except January and August!) Madrid´s museum of historic planes, offers an exhibition of their planes both in flight and on land from one of the oldest airports in Madrid: Cuatro Vientos.

I was so excited, that I woke up at 7:00am. I think my enthusiasm was contagious because each one of us (including no 2!!!!) was anxious to arrive. It took about 1hr to get there, but the trip was well worth it!

These planes, dating back as far as 1925, were a real sight to behold. Not only are they well maint
ained, but it is so beautiful when you can contemplate them from so close up. Some people even got to sit in them... not me... a bit green I was actually....but hey... some day.

There were so many bi planes which are my very favorites! That said, the plane I admired most in this exhibition was not a biplane but one of the earlier commercial airplanes with seating for about 10 max a Beechcraft 18 Spantax, The plane you see above. But all in all, a fantastic treat especially for me!




No 1 took all the photos.... all 96 of them, which obviously I will not include in this post.!! The air show was sooooooooo exciting and was topped off by some very daring acrobatic stunts that made you hold you breath and clap your hands furiously, although I don´t know why... the pilot can´t hear the applause!

This was a really good day.... and I enjoyed every minute.....I am truly blessed.. I am happy!



"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best,"
and then he had to stop and think.
Because although Eating Honey
was a very good thing to do,
there was a moment just before
you began to eat it which was
better than when you were,
but he didn't know what it was called.
~A.A. Milne



4 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

It looked like an awesome day out, the kind of thing we love too. I had this funny image of you, strapped to the wings of a bi-plane, big biggles like goggles, doing tricks in the sky! Love you.

Masked Rabbit said...

You know, I love looking at planes. I could spend a whole day looking at them quite happily. I loved the lines of the Dakotas.Looks like a grand day out

Soul Reflections said...

The plane pictures were great! I love to listen to them take off and feel the vibration deep in my chest. I love Pooh, too.

A Captured Reflection said...

I love your updated blog layout, looks great. So glad you have a clock too, so that I know what the time is in Madrid as well. xxx