Wednesday, July 19, 2006

You are not alone

I think one of the greatest comforts Jesus left us with is the fact the we are not alone, that He will be with us until the end.....

The great omission in life is solitude; not loneliness, for this is an alienation that thrives most in the midst of crowds, but that zone of time and space, free from the outside pressures, which is the incubator of the spirit. ~Marya Mannes


Yes, there is a difference between solitude and loneliness, and it is God´s presence that makes the difference.

I can be alone, without human companionship.... and it is often necessary to seek out solace to maintain one´s health in balance, but I am never outside of God´s presence.

Psalm 139: 7....

W
here can I go from your spirit?
Or where can I flee from your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, you are there;
if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.
If I take the wings of the morning
and settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me fast.
-- Psalm 139:7-10 (NRSV)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is my favorite Psalm ever!!!
<3