Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Family reunites!



Yes today was the big day... the arrival of my two boys after 19 days away! I am very excited to have them home , but I have to admit that part of me still wants to live "boylessness" a little while longer!!! Here are a few selected pics froNo 1 and No 2 during their 19 days away!!! No 2i is in the second row from the front, right hand side, behind the girl with glasses! This is taken in the football stadium in Berlin for a big event called "Calling all Nations" that took place July 14th. Sadly for some reason, these two pics of No 1 aren´t as clear and big as I would like! The top one is in Berlin and the bottom is him playing lead E-guitar in the 10 day band he formed in La Industria - ! I was very proud of him when we saw him up in Santander 2 weekends ago for the final day of the KK bootcamp/La Industria E-Guitar course CONCERT.

No 2 also was one of the main attractions of the evening, delighting all percussion fans with his drumstick expertise and roars of his name echoing from the crowd! I can only say that my chest was definitely swelling !! Is this kind of pride a sin? Not only were they tops musician wise, I heard

endless comments as to their positive influence in the team and leadership qualities. "They were a pleasure to have with us!"

I can only say that my heart is always warmed when I hear positive comments about our offspring and it encourages me during those moments when I am maybe not "seeing the good" as much as I should. Which reminds me of a book a real dear friend loaned to me with the boys were very small, which had a chapter called, "Slow bake cookies."

A small smirk covers my face even as I write this, because I remember the anguish I felt at wanting them to be "perfect gentlemen" from day one. Somehow, I expected that training a child they way he should go, wouldn´t take years! That certain issues would be resolved early on, leaving other stuff for later.

But as the title of the chapter says, our kids are slow bake cookies and that requires years of investment, tears and joys before they reach maturity. Hey, I just have to look at myself and realize some of the things that I have been learning NOW and I am, well, how old?

So hearing these beautiful descriptions of my two boys makes m
e remember the years of investment that only now seems to be yielding it´s harvest because of God´s grace and intervention.

I used to believe that I had more of a hand in this, and I´m not knocking our responsibility and need to teach our children, but as time progresses, it only proves to me that it´s by God´s grace I stand and that they stand and will stand.

Thank you God for allowing me to see you in my Boys!

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew

4 comments:

Masked Rabbit said...

Hey Ally,

Isn't it great to hear compliments about those you love? Can't believe how much the boys have grown. Would love to see a pic of Jess.
Btw, like you I'm having problems with links and so if you find a resolution, let me know.
I'm happy for you to use my poem as you'd asked.
Take care

A Captured Reflection said...

This is great news. You know what I love - seeing the next generation of the family so in love with music.

The location in the photos in Berlin, is exactly where we did our outreach in 1995, - Church of Rememberance in the background so brought back many memories.

Anonymous said...

I remember Benji playing the drums and Johnny singing with you and Stephan at some church I went. They might be even better now. But what I remember the most is the sweetness of your boys. And the fact is that during life, we´ll be always growing, learning, changing =) God continues to bless you all!

Happy "friend´s day"! Yeah... yesterday we celebrated that here in Brazil. I couldn´t write yesterday but I let a kiss today telling you I´m sooo happy and grateful for having you!
:]

Ally said...

Dear honey

How true your reflection our our "slow bake cookie"-boys. Thanks for the endless hours of keeping a watching eye over our "cokies" and gently turning them over before it got too hot. You are a great mum and I´m proud of you. Thanks also for all the lessons you have helped me learn during the "baking".

Love Stephan =)