Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ally´s Animal Art





It´s amazing how quickly the days fly and I haven´t written anything...There are so many things that happen in one day, that after a few days go by, you kind of sit there and think...hey I let so many good ideas go and now..I don´t know what to write !!!!

I thought I would write about Laila, our mother with only 3 kittens left, cat who reminded me again how man can not control nature. We seem to think that somehow we can dominate the species, especial with pets... and to some degree we can "tame" them, but as the saying goes... ,"You can lead a horse to water, but you can´t make him drink!" Animals have a way of showing you that you are not really as much of a "master" as you would like to be!!!

I learned this afresh just a few days ago. As I mentioned, I had taken time the other day to "move" the kittens and Mum Laila, down to the garage. The kittens are getting more and more lively and well, it´s alot harder for anyone to sleep when three sets of claws are piercing into your skin through the bed covers...

Anyway, I had prepared a wonderful cosy "nook" with food, bedding and the necessary toilet facilities down in the garage. I then proceeded to collect the kittens from No 1`s bedroom and introduce them to their wonderful new accomodations. I closed the garage door and left just a big enough gap...(or "a jar"...haha.. have you heard the joke, When is a door not a door?...When it´s a jar...sorry couldn´t resist that one!!!)for them to get in and out but closed enough to feel protected. I returned upstairs to continue with my "to do´s" of the morning and felt quite pleased with getting another "situation" settled.

Lunchtime came and went, and as I was working in the afternoon on the computer, every so often gazing out of the window which looks unto the balcony where the bedroom windows also look out to, I saw something that took me by surprize. There, if I hadn´t seen it with my own eyes I would not believe it, came Laila carrying a kitten in her mouth jumping into No 2's window . She was bringing the kittens back up into the house one by one!!!

Realizing that a major event in the animal world was taking place right before my own eyes, I decided to go down to the garange nonchalantly and watch how she bought the kitten out through the "a jar" space in the garage door and carried it up. I mean, I had to see how this would work! Well, through some miracle of metamorphasis, Mum cat with kitten in mouth squeeeeeeeeeeeeezed out of this amazingly tight space, then made their way across the garden, up the stairs and directly to No 2´s window.

What can I say? I had good intentions, even acted out of goodwill , their wellbeing at heart, but nature had other ideas. Laila, obviously didn´t feel her kittens were secure and wasted no time in getting them back in the house and into what instinct claimed as better. I had to laugh...just laugh. I knew that this was outside of human control and no matter where I would put her kittens, she would move them if she deemed it necessary!

I am sure there is some really good moral to this story...some kind of parallel with the human world . There is of course....

I like to compartementalize...have everything sorted out in little boxes and separate areas, everything under "control." I even want God to be where I put him..."controlled" about when and where He can be in my life... Then God brings things in and out of my life and I realize I don´t have him as "tamed" (hey perish the thought..but I know it´s true) as I would like. He is bigger than me and loves me more than to just to let me be immature and insecure in my carefully made up world.

He surprizes me with His love, amazes me with His Care and awes me with His power. I am so glad that God is bigger than me, bigger than my idea of good, bigger than bad, bigger than the past, the present and future. I want all of who God is and not my comfort, my security, my way.

I leave you with this:

Trust in the Lord with all of your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him
and He will make your paths straight.!! Prov 3: 5-7







4 comments:

A Captured Reflection said...

How amazing - similar topics indeed. I really enjoyed reading this, the cute kitties being relocated. Just gorgeous and making a person think at the same time. I love the way God uses so many different things and ways to speak to us.

Ally said...

Thanks karen,
I thought it was pretty amazing when I read your blog that in very different ways we were expressing the same thing....good eh!
love you
ally

Ally said...

Susie,
Thanks so much for complimenting me on my writing style... I really appreciate that very much.

You´re welcome about the comments.... I know what you mea about knowing when someone has read what you wrote...

love you tonerest

ally

Anonymous said...

Kat Komment:

Maxine's cat has had 6 kittens!
Erica is going to have one!
Black & White, they look like english cows...